The tertiary decree of October 1st, 2019, presents all of the modalities for the application of article 175 of the Elan law. It requires owners and tenants of buildings or parts of buildings in the tertiary sector with a surface area of 1000 m2 or more to monitor and reduce their energy consumption.
What is the tertiary decree?
The tertiary decree was published in 2017 with the aim of specifying the modalities of the application of the Elan law, with a focus on article 175.
The text of the Elan law (Evolution of the Housing, the Development and the Digital) lays the foundations for the expected reduction of energy consumption of buildings’ in the tertiary sector. It provides details on the framework for the application of the law.
The primary aim of the tertiary decree is to reduce energy consumption, but it also aims:
- to accelerate regional development
- to oversee the energy transition in real estate
The tertiary decree sets out the types of buildings concerned, as follows:
- their surface area
- the type of activity for which they are intended
It sets the minimum energy performance threshold to be respected for each operation, with modulations for the Elan law in case of technical, patrimonial or architectural constraints or changes to activity. The tertiary decree sets the limits of these modulations.
WHAT TYPE OF BUILDING IS IMPACTED BY THIS DECREE?
- Any building with a surface greater than or equal to 1000 m2, exclusively allocated to a tertiary use.
Any part of a building with a surface area greater than or equal to 1000 m2, exclusively allocated to a tertiary use
Any building that is part of a land unit or a site with a surface area greater than or equal to 1000 m2 that houses a tertiary activity.
Who is concerned by the tertiary decree?
The companies concerned are those that own tertiary buildings. They can therefore be from the private or the public sector. The tertiary decree specifies that modulations around energy performance objectives can take place if it is considered that actions to reduce energy consumption can:
- jeopardize the structure of the building
damage the external parts of the building or the decoration of the site
However, owners of buildings housing tertiary activities who wish to apply for this modulation must submit a technical file.
From 2021 onward, all owners or tenants subject to the new obligations set by the tertiary decree will have to send an assessment of their energy consumption to the ADEME platform called OPERAT. This platform will then be able to deliver to each company the balance sheet based on the data of its final energy consumption in the form of a digital certificate.
WHAT ARE THE OBJECTIVES DEFINED BY THE LAW?
The law imposes a reduction of final energy consumption of at least:
40% by 2030
50% by 2040
60% by 2050
With 2010 as the year of reference
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
To meet the obligations and ambitions set by the tertiary decree, companies have a vested interest in implementing a set of measures to optimize their energy performance. Here are the actions designed to achieve your objectives within the framework of this new legislation.
Manage the energy performance of your buildings through our platform
Install intelligent high-performance sensors with monitoring and control systems
- Pilot the sensors in order to exploit and analyze the data they collect
These solutions are an opportunity to obtain energy savings in the long-term, without ever having to renovate your buildings
What are the sanctions described in the tertiary decree?
Between now and 2021, the tertiary decree describes the following sanctions:
The publication on an official website of a document denouncing the company’s non-compliance
A fine of 1500 euros for individuals
A penalty of 7500 euros for legal entities
These sanctions can have a significant impact on the valuation of the assets of a company, and are a strong deterrent to non-compliance.
Why choose Oze-energies?
We are certified by the global competitiveness cluster Finance-Innovation, ARSEG and Bpifrance’s InvestNet label.
We present the effects of our solutions through a clear and simple report, allowing you to make better decisions before renovating.
25% OF SAVINGS
Thanks to Optimzen GOLD, you can perform an savings equal to 25% of your energy bills immediately and without renovations.
We have developed intelligent sensors and software to dynamically measure and optimize your building.
Contact one of our engineers
Discover our Optimzen solution, allowing you to meet your needs in terms of energy optimization, comfort and indoor air quality for your office building or housing.
With our intercommunicating sensors and artificial intelligence, Optimzen GOLD allows you to benefit from savings on energy consumption not being utilized, improve comfort and indoor air quality, all without renovations…
For more information
- Energy audit
- The energy renovation obligations of companies within the framework of the tertiary decree
- Energy renovation oftertiary sector buildings: how canenergy savings be performed?
- The energy audit of buildings in 4 steps
- Company: why audit your premises?
- Indoor Air Quality
- Improving the energy performance of buildings
- Energy performance: improving it with EPD
- Measuring the energy consumption of a building
- The Energy Management System in companies
- Energy efficiency in companies: what are the challenges?
- The steps of an energy audit
- All you need to know about Energy Performance Diagnosis (EPD)
- All you need to know about the mandatory energy audit
- All you need to know about energy renovation
- Professionals in the tertiary sector: performing an energy audit of your buildings
- Tertiary Decree
- Statutory energy audit: obligations of large companies
- What is an energy saving certificate for companies?
- What is energy efficiency?
- What is the energy performance of buildings?
- Energy efficiency of buildings
- Energy audit, who is concerned?
- How does an energy audit is performed?
- How to perform an energy audit?
- How long does an energy audit take?
- How can the energy efficiency of the building be improved?
- How to improve the energy performance of buildings?
- How to reduce the energy consumption of companies?
- How to reduce the energy consumption of buildings?
- How to perform a tertiary energy audit of a building?
- How can indoor air quality be improved?
- How to measure indoor air quality?
- How to obtain an energy saving certificate?